Analytical tools, data management
- MEMGENE an R package for spatial pattern detection in genetic distance data.
- Allelematch: an R package for identifying genotypes where genotyping error and missing data may be present.caribou ecology. P. Galpern; M. Manseau (supervisor), University of Manitoba.
- An overview of all R packages dealing with genetic data.
- An overview of all R packages dealing with spatial data.
- Using the popgraph network R package.
- Pritchard’s STRUCTURE software page.
- RMARK a collection of R functions that can be used as an interface to MARK for analysis of capture-recapture data.
- MicroSAT Server: online database and analytical tools.
- R for Landscape Ecology Workshop Series: Statistical software R used in tandem with GIS.
- Grainscape Tutorial: Grains of connectivity and minimum planar graph modelling of landscape connectivity using resistance surfaces.
- Guide for NRICaribou: Virtual computer/server running Windows Server 2003 operating system.
Caribou Diversity Project
Caribou – Jean Polfus (PH.D. Candidate) is building a database of caribou photos from across North America to assist with DNA analysis. Click here to find more information on submitting photos to this project.
January 29th, 2013 – The Northern Journal featured Jean Polfus, a PhD Candidate at the University of Manitoba who spoke briefly on the study which aims to trace gene flow in the Sahtu region of the Northwest Territories. Read the article here.
February 1st, 2013 – Amy Flasko, a Master student at the University of Manitoba put this video together showcasing the hands on caribou pellet collection experience. The footage is from the Maligne caribou survey of fall 2012. See the video here.
Pellet Collection Protocol
Field work is underway in the Sahtú region. Click here for more information on the Caribou and Moose Research in the Sahtú.
View photos Click Here.
More photos in the Inuit Knowledge Gallery Click Here